The ruins of the Bramburg are located on the Upper Weser between the towns of Glashütte and Hemeln.
The Bramburg was first mentioned in a document in 1063. It was used as a fortification for the Bursfelde Monastery. Over the centuries, Bramburg Castle was used as a protective fortress to safeguard the Corvey territories and also as a robber baron's nest. As a result, the castle was partially destroyed as early as 1458 and was already considered a ruin at the end of the 17th century.