The former Benedictine monastery, Romanesque building. Church open daily from 8.00 - 18.30.
Over the years, the abbey has experienced a chequered history. In 1542, Duchess Elisabeth of Calenberg-Göttingen, who had become a Protestant, carried out a Reformation visitation of the monastery. With the Peace of Westphalia in 1648, the monastery finally became Protestant. A community of monks and their abbot lived in the monastery until 1672, when it was secularised.
The Romanesque basilica and the west wing of the monastery, which was converted into a manor house in 1722, have survived to this day. Even today, concerts such as the Bursfeld Summer Concerts of the Kulturring Hann. Münden take place in the monastery church. The old monastery walls always lend such events a very special atmosphere.