The Ox Head is a cultural centre in a half-timbered ambience in the old town of Hann. Münden.
Culture on three floors
Today, the half-timbered house is called Culture in the OX and the name says it all. The three floors of the imposing half-timbered house are used daily for artistic work and teaching. Also, it is regularly opened to interested people of all generations and nations - in the form of house tours, visits to rehearsals and workshops, private parties and unconventional concerts or cultural events in a professional, yet private atmosphere.
Christian Möller, pianist/composer and operator of the OX location, will guide you through all levels of the house, from the vaulted cellar to below the large, open attic, and will also show you unusual vistas of the Welfenschloss and the Blasiuskirche in Hann. Münden.
In addition to short guided tours, groups can also book the more extensive studio and workshop visits as well as exclusive cultural events with or without catering. If you are interested, please contact us directly to discuss the size of the group and the desired format.
Examples of event modules:
- Insight into one of the oldest half-timbered houses in the city, a post-and-beam building from 1528 with an imposing hall, today enlivened by "Culture in the OX".
- Getting to know the owner of the house: Christian Möller (pianist, composer, arranger)
- A look behind the scenes of the artistic work at the OX
- Listening workshop (piano/piano, composition, arrangement, performance training)
- Photography and multimedia projects (short films - artistic, political, poetic / photo collages) http://www.kulturcafe-muenden.de/projekte
- Integration work (projects for and with migrants and young people from Eritrea, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan who came to Hann. Münden as unaccompanied minor refugees) http://www.kulturcafe-muenden.de/integrationsarbeit