In cooperation with the hiking guide Catharina Schütze (www.zeitzuwandern.de) and the Klostermühle Bursfelde we offer you a very special hiking tour on 18 March.
Since the founding of Loccum Monastery in 1163, the monks made regular pilgrimages from Volkenroda to Loccum over many years. The exact routes are no longer known today. We only know from stories that they walked along the trade routes in the summer months and over the mountains in the wet, cold season.
Today we start in Bursfelde on the 12th stage of the new pilgrimage trail in the direction of Dransfeld along the Nieme, a low mountain stream that meanders idyllically through the forest and flows into the Weser near Bursfelde.
After about 2.5 kilometres we leave the pilgrimage trail in a northerly direction. Further and further through the forest, we are offered a varied landscape through the mixed forest in the course of today's hike.
We have reached our highest point (390m) after about 5 kilometres of total distance.
From now on, it is constantly downhill. Back on the pilgrims' path - this time on the 11th stage - we follow it to Bursfelde Monastery. The monastery church is open all year round until 6.30 p.m., so we now have time to visit the church.
Following our hike, a 3-course meal awaits us in the monastery mill.
- Guided hike
- 3-course menu at the Klostermühle (see below for details)
Meet: 13:50 hrs / Start: 14:00 hrs
Meeting point: Car park at the restaurant "Zur Klostermühle", Klosterhof 24, 34346 Hann. Münden
Duration of the hike: approx. 8.5 km / approx. 2 hours walking time, plus breaks and visit to the monastery church
Total ascent: approx. 180 hm
Trail conditions: loose ground (forest paths and trails), gravel and asphalt
Requirements: condition for an 8.5 km hike and 180 m altitude difference, surefootedness,
depending on the weather, the paths may be muddy
. Depending on the weather, the paths may be muddy
3-course menu at the Klostermühle
- Oven-warm salmon and pear tart, radicchio, chicory, orange fillets, berries
- Bramwälder wild boar roast from the leg, sautéed pointed cabbage with dried apricots, pumpkin duchess potatoes, rosemary jus
or alternatively vegetarian
- pumpkin risotto with grilled fennel, cherry tomatoes, nuts and fresh goat cheese
- Sour cream mousse, chocolate fondat, walnut ice cream and fresh fruit
- sturdy shoes with a good tread
- clothes suitable for the weather
- enough to drink on the way
- good mood
- money for extra food/drinks in the restaurant
- . drinks in the restaurant "Zur Klostermühle"
- Note to participants
- This tour is not suitable for prams and/or handcarts
- A lovely dog may be leashed on the tour. a dear dog may accompany the walk on a lead
- Please ask when registering if the dog area is still available
- The tour will be conducted with a minimum of 8 registered persons
- The maximum group size is 18 persons
- Please let us know in the comments line which main course you would like
- Tickets can be online, cash on site at the Tourist Information or against prepayment (invoice)